So I tell myself to be strong.
I get to a point where I realize I have neglected my blog… then out of guilt or complete fatigue I make the conscious decision to further neglect it. It’s like watching calendar pages rip and fly away into oblivion every time I make my way to my dashboard. I’ll even hit “new post” but somehow convince myself that I will totally do it later.
Well, here’s to later (as I sip my glass of Sangria).
A lot has happened in the past… wait let me check how long it’s actually been… shit, really.
A lot has happened in the past month and a half. 1. I never did receive that vest back from Flo Rida. And, of course, his stylist made the completely valid point, “well he did wear it for two major award shows.” Which, ok I get (a tweet mention would have been nice) but I mean, no shit… that’s why I let you pull them to begin with… that’s why I spent 12 hours customizing a pair of Supras to gift him. What more do these f*$&ing people want.
2. I’ve been talking with a ton of celebrity stylists trying to figure out which direction I want to go in first. I have to remind myself I actually make all of my garments so I can’t just go offering them to everyone I want to dress.
3. I sold to a store in LA (lala Land).
4. I sold to a store in Switzerland.
5. I changed the name Isabella Louis to just plain Asha Isabella. I’ve been saying Asha Isabella US because it’s really difficult saying my name out loud, just sounds like I’m referring to myself in the third person.
6. I’ve turned The Boston Bazaar into a media company and have started Tosser Magazine (TosserMag.com), which comes out in print and online in January.
6. I have 13 interns, which I’m now realizing is not difficult to manage, but I NEVER realize when they don’t show up. Oh…but when I do… dahn dahn dahn.
7. I’ve been teaching myself Swedish.
8. I’ve been reading far too much Machiavelli. Which is probably a bad idea because I’ve been feeling extremely betrayed by a lot of my friends. And unusual as it sounds, Machiavelli and my frustration has convinced me I really don’t need any…well, many. I’d rather not deal with the drama. The disappointment. The complication. It’s lonely at first, but they come as easy as they go. Shoulder shrug.
“Friendships that are won by awards, and not by greatness and nobility of soul, although deserved, yet are not real, and cannot be depended upon in time of adversity.”
6. A blogger called me today for a quote on a post about the AI name change and the collection in general. She asked “You say you focus on classic femininity (as per my website) – how do you go about blending that femininity with the punk movements you’re inspired by?” I start the day listening to Bach then I shake the walls of my space with dub step, then play the songs I loved during my angst ridden teenage years and remind myself that we are not whole if we are not both… the sweet and the sour. After our convo I realized I did not remember her name nor get the name of her blog. So, if you’re out there please let me know… or my exact quote will go forever into oblivion.
Well, here’s what I wore today.
Made that ensemble (say it with a French accent or don’t say it at all) today.
Yeah, I can totally get on this radiator. They would decide to finally turn my heat on when I decide to do this.
BAM. Did it.
Radiator sittin’ achieved.
Whatever, I’ll stand
I’ve got NERDS anyway.
And, I’m not sharing
Top: Jones New York
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Perry Ellis
Tights, socks, and shoes: Steve Madden
Earring: Christian Dior
(I never wear two… I’m like a 90s boy)
And I leave you with: “And the cracks begin to show.”
“Leave the past behind and just walk away.”
Dubstep teaches me all.