So I tell myself to be strong.
I get to a point where I realize I have neglected my blog… then out of guilt or complete fatigue I make the conscious decision to further neglect it. It’s like watching calendar pages rip and fly away into oblivion every time I make my way to my dashboard. I’ll even hit “new post” but somehow convince myself that I will totally do it later.
Well, here’s to later (as I sip my glass of Sangria).
A lot has happened in the past… wait let me check how long it’s actually been… shit, really.
A lot has happened in the past month and a half. 1. I never did receive that vest back from Flo Rida. And, of course, his stylist made the completely valid point, “well he did wear it for two major award shows.” Which, ok I get (a tweet mention would have been nice) but I mean, no shit… that’s why I let you pull them to begin with… that’s why I spent 12 hours customizing a pair of Supras to gift him. What more do these f*$&ing people want.
2. I’ve been talking with a ton of celebrity stylists trying to figure out which direction I want to go in first. I have to remind myself I actually make all of my garments so I can’t just go offering them to everyone I want to dress.
3. I sold to a store in LA (lala Land).
4. I sold to a store in Switzerland.
5. I changed the name Isabella Louis to just plain Asha Isabella. I’ve been saying Asha Isabella US because it’s really difficult saying my name out loud, just sounds like I’m referring to myself in the third person.
6. I’ve turned The Boston Bazaar into a media company and have started Tosser Magazine (TosserMag.com), which comes out in print and online in January.
6. I have 13 interns, which I’m now realizing is not difficult to manage, but I NEVER realize when they don’t show up. Oh…but when I do… dahn dahn dahn.
7. I’ve been teaching myself Swedish.
8. I’ve been reading far too much Machiavelli. Which is probably a bad idea because I’ve been feeling extremely betrayed by a lot of my friends. And unusual as it sounds, Machiavelli and my frustration has convinced me I really don’t need any…well, many. I’d rather not deal with the drama. The disappointment. The complication. It’s lonely at first, but they come as easy as they go. Shoulder shrug.“Friendships that are won by awards, and not by greatness and nobility of soul, although deserved, yet are not real, and cannot be depended upon in time of adversity.”
6. A blogger called me today for a quote on a post about the AI name change and the collection in general. She asked “You say you focus on classic femininity (as per my website) – how do you go about blending that femininity with the punk movements you’re inspired by?” I start the day listening to Bach then I shake the walls of my space with dub step, then play the songs I loved during my angst ridden teenage years and remind myself that we are not whole if we are not both… the sweet and the sour. After our convo I realized I did not remember her name nor get the name of her blog. So, if you’re out there please let me know… or my exact quote will go forever into oblivion.
Well, here’s what I wore today.
Top: Jones New York
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Perry Ellis
Tights, socks, and shoes: Steve Madden
Earring: Christian Dior
(I never wear two… I’m like a 90s boy)
*NarcissismAnd I leave you with: “And the cracks begin to show.” “Leave the past behind and just walk away.” Dubstep teaches me all.
Messy Room Chic
Pantry ChicT-shirt: Annie Mulz Skirt: Who the hell knows (
This is the I didn’t leave the house but had my air on blast ensemble.
Hey, reader, what’s up? How’s your day been. Mine was pretty cool… literally. I semi took the day off in anticipation for the next few sleepless weeks. I can finally say that my new venture in fashion design has officially made me more money than my old job did in a month… a month and a half. Worked out the details for a wholesale order today and I am so amped! I’ve been working on packaging details lately and now I get to add all types of features to prepare these babies for retail.
I’m shipping a bunch out to LA LA land so all you west coast beauties will be able to pick up your fav IL pieces in Los Angeles! Excitement.
BUT this means I have 13 days to produce a ton of pieces and prepare myself for New York fashion week…. while working out the details of my new lease and new roommate. Oh, and welcome the 8 new interns I’m bringing on board this semester.
No complaints. I’m excited. I’m nervous… but, hey, I’m blessed.
Smack ya later
Let’s recap my weekend.
I spent Friday night… hmm, I don’t remember. It was uneventful though, I think I caught up on the Daria episodes I had stored on my DVR. Did you know MTV was playing them every morning last week. I think they’re doing it again this week but only at 8:30am or something like that. Then I spent Saturday editing a story I wrote. The short story was previously published (page 127) and I figured I’d get back to working on the novel it was inspired by.
Then Sunday, this awesome couple behind the new Boston company Angela & Roi stopped by for an interview on The Boston Bazaar.
They gave me a bag. And I love it!
I completely gave myself a makeover this morning to submit for a film… you know, to look normal and all. I honestly don’t even recognize myself.
Anywho… gotta go finish up these Etsy orders. So bye.
Clearly I’m running out of innovative titles.
1. Last night I had the most random dream about actor Matthew Atkinson – he was about 6 foot 4 and had on a black leather jacket. I don’t know if you know but I’ve got a major thing for men in leather jackets… oh and I like em tall. But anyway, he was also Swedish and we were walking around this mall, invading lunchtime privacy by joining people in the food court. We sat down with this one stranger family and they told us about their 8 year old’s ability to open any cash register…anywhere. So we had him do it at an unattended mall kiosk. And no, we did not steal – we decided to do a full on photo shoot next to the broken-into-cash register. Then we danced around the corn fields of Pennsylvania – no, I’m not from Pennsylvania. Don’t know if they have cornfields but that’s what we were doing. This is what I get for watching Jane by Design and tweeting like a teen last night.
2. I’m in love with this BOSS hat. I made another last night and I might have to keep it. I’m not even a hat person but I feel attached.
3. Not to toot my own horn but my skin is looking great these days. Yesterday, I filled a huge bowl with ice and cold water and I submerged my face in it. Why, you ask? Eh, it was Tuesday. So right after that I used this “Blackberry Purifying Peel off Face Mask” and I swear my skin has NEVER felt so smooth.
Seriously… I highly recommend. Gather the girls (and guys if you will) grab some magazines, some yum yums, some nail polish and have a living room spa day. And it totally makes a hilarious little face once you peel it off. I think it says leave it on for 15 minutes or until it’s dry. I cooked, ate, watched TV and totally forgot about it so it was more like an hour and a half. I always leave it on for at least thirty anyway.
So, last night (shamefully while I was sleeping like a baby extremely early) I missed texts from Flo’s stylist saying he liked the vest I made him and that he wore them for the Latin awards last night! So I went in search for the Latin Awards to find photos, of course… They’re called Premios juventud and here’s a photo
More Photos soon to come. I’ll keep you updated.
He also wore the studded sneakers I made. Here’s a video
Because I’m a vampire.
Alright, so this is all a lie. I shop all day. BUT
I’m hosting a moonlight madness sale on my Etsy shop this week…similar to the moonlight madness sale on The Boston Bazaar last week. Every night between 8pm-8am you can get anywhere from 10-40% off your purchase. Shut the front door…don’t tell me I’m not awesome.
Anywho… I’m never going to tell anyone what the sale is that night so it is a lottery. And for people thinking they’ll just keep waiting for a better sale you may never get one. I’ve even changed them in the middle of the night.
I like you so I’m going to tell you that tonight it’s 30% off tonight. Return the fav and buy something.. yea? Smiles.
Love you, bye.
Never would have thought about my work being on Flo Rida, especially because I don’t do men’s…but here I am working on a few things and studding a pair of Supras for him! They’re pretty awesome and even though my fingers are throbbing in pain… I must say, I’m amazed.
So, Mr. Rida… has a few award shows coming up (I think – I need to get all my facts straight because I can’t remember which ones) and his stylist is pulling a few things for him to wear including these insanely thick, matte black Supras that I am currently studding. Once again, sweet gig but seriously I have blisters the size of small studs on my hands. I think I’m getting to the point where I just have to tell all my friends I can’t stud your stuff for free anymore (haha, not that I ever did) but this is getting serious.
So, I took a break to eat some ramen and blog… I’ve been living off of ramen noodles. This feels like college again – working until 5am, no time to cook, eating popcorn and ramen… dwindling social life just to name a few.
Smack ya later… And follow me on instagram… since we’re friends and all.
But last summer I was an extra in the Seth McFarlance movie, “Ted,” staring Mark Walhberg and Mila Kunis. I spent 3 long days getting paid to meet new people, hang out, and occasionally pantomime. I had this hair…
That’s honestly the best photo I could find.
I definitely regret that monstrous hair…and it caused a bunch of “drama” on set.
1. I was in heels…which wardrobe totally said was fine but no one on set appreciated the fact that I was practically taller than everyone with hair that big. Not so good for blending. Not so good for Marky Mark, who only reaches the 5’7 mark. I was even moved because I was too tall next to him.
2. I had on an ELECTRIC blue blazer and mini skirt…not so good for blending.
3. Of course the hair…it was huge and red? brown? blondish? auburn?
But I had a blast and I met my current roommate on set.
We’re both in the trailer. In the back at about 2:38 FOR A SECOND…he’s in a fugly green shirt and I’m in blue with fugly hair.
Got my new business cards in the mail today. Pretty stoked. I’ve been waiting a while 5 days for them.
Had to block my number out there… We don’t know each other very well yet.
Sometimes I get into these strange phases where I lose inspiration/motivation and really just can’t figure my shit out. That was happening to me this week. It was a combination of losing my USB that had The Boston Bazaar’s entire website, my fashion week photos and stories, and my publication schedule…along with a ton of my fiction stuff. It’s a little heart breaking losing something like that…and praying that no one else has their hands on it. Then being without those things makes it hard for me to identify myself and I literally get lost in the madness.
Well, I knew I had a ton of work ahead of me to remedy the loss and I just shut down.
BUT THEN…dom dom dom.
I get a message from this French magazine that wants to do a feature on my collection. So I’m currently working on some samples to send them…which they plan to circuit around to bloggers and all that jazz.
Pretty exciting. I’ll be spending every spare minute this week finishing up my Etsy orders and creating these samples.
Thank God, I’m hiring an assistant.
I love that I’m more known in Europe than the US lol. Half of all of my customers are from Italy, the UK, and France. It’s probably because I’m British…in my head.
Business cards made with Vistaprint.