So I tell myself to be strong.
I get to a point where I realize I have neglected my blog… then out of guilt or complete fatigue I make the conscious decision to further neglect it. It’s like watching calendar pages rip and fly away into oblivion every time I make my way to my dashboard. I’ll even hit “new post” but somehow convince myself that I will totally do it later.
Well, here’s to later (as I sip my glass of Sangria).
A lot has happened in the past… wait let me check how long it’s actually been… shit, really.
A lot has happened in the past month and a half. 1. I never did receive that vest back from Flo Rida. And, of course, his stylist made the completely valid point, “well he did wear it for two major award shows.” Which, ok I get (a tweet mention would have been nice) but I mean, no shit… that’s why I let you pull them to begin with… that’s why I spent 12 hours customizing a pair of Supras to gift him. What more do these f*$&ing people want.
2. I’ve been talking with a ton of celebrity stylists trying to figure out which direction I want to go in first. I have to remind myself I actually make all of my garments so I can’t just go offering them to everyone I want to dress.
3. I sold to a store in LA (lala Land).
4. I sold to a store in Switzerland.
5. I changed the name Isabella Louis to just plain Asha Isabella. I’ve been saying Asha Isabella US because it’s really difficult saying my name out loud, just sounds like I’m referring to myself in the third person.
6. I’ve turned The Boston Bazaar into a media company and have started Tosser Magazine (TosserMag.com), which comes out in print and online in January.
6. I have 13 interns, which I’m now realizing is not difficult to manage, but I NEVER realize when they don’t show up. Oh…but when I do… dahn dahn dahn.
7. I’ve been teaching myself Swedish.
8. I’ve been reading far too much Machiavelli. Which is probably a bad idea because I’ve been feeling extremely betrayed by a lot of my friends. And unusual as it sounds, Machiavelli and my frustration has convinced me I really don’t need any…well, many. I’d rather not deal with the drama. The disappointment. The complication. It’s lonely at first, but they come as easy as they go. Shoulder shrug.“Friendships that are won by awards, and not by greatness and nobility of soul, although deserved, yet are not real, and cannot be depended upon in time of adversity.”
6. A blogger called me today for a quote on a post about the AI name change and the collection in general. She asked “You say you focus on classic femininity (as per my website) – how do you go about blending that femininity with the punk movements you’re inspired by?” I start the day listening to Bach then I shake the walls of my space with dub step, then play the songs I loved during my angst ridden teenage years and remind myself that we are not whole if we are not both… the sweet and the sour. After our convo I realized I did not remember her name nor get the name of her blog. So, if you’re out there please let me know… or my exact quote will go forever into oblivion.
Well, here’s what I wore today.
Top: Jones New York
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Perry Ellis
Tights, socks, and shoes: Steve Madden
Earring: Christian Dior
(I never wear two… I’m like a 90s boy)
*NarcissismAnd I leave you with: “And the cracks begin to show.” “Leave the past behind and just walk away.” Dubstep teaches me all.
The focus is on the top… Yes, the top changes everything. Just in case you were wondering… I have figured out how to make sleeves! And this means I will be making a bunch of silky printed tops for Isabella Louis this fall, this baby being the first.
Also…in case you were wondering, I finally get to go back to Boston tomorrow. This has been the longest business trip of my life and I still have so much work to do. Please send some good vibes my way and keep me in your prayers because I have a project in the works that I will totally tell you about later but The Change Up is on TV right now and I have a sick obsession with Jason Bateman…
Gotta go.. smack ya later.
Top: Isabella Louis
Leggings: Kardashian Kollection (don’t judge me for wearing leggings two days in a row. I didn’t bring very many clothes with me. Didn’t expect to be here so long… and I grabbed these leggings while running through Sears to get to the movies….just sayin’)
Vest: Isabella Louis
Top: American Apparel
Pants: Everlast running pants (wink)
Shoes: Steve Madden Collosul (My favs)
Bag: Steve Madden
Arm Candy: Everything Isabella Louis
This outfit has turned into my lazy day ensemble…
I’ve been in Springfield for almost 2 weeks. That’s an extremely long time to be away from home. But I’m here setting up a pop-up shop at one of their malls and hopping around in meetings for some super time funding for a few projects. It’s been physically draining and I am beyond exhausted. I literally did not even leave my parents abode today because I should have been prepping for this meeting tomorrow but nope… I wrote fancy fiction stories today.
It hasn’t been completely horrible though. I spent yesterday afternoon jumping around the shops in Northampton, which I highly recommend. There is something truly magical about Northampton. It can feel like a mini-Boston but there is something very originally and very communal about Northampton and I love it. If you go be sure to check out Rosz… cool vintage shop right under the bridge on Main Street.
I’ve also been making a ton of things…
And I shot with Springfield photographer Shane Suban – super talented 16 year old…
Yes… I’ve labeled my apartment The Factory. Some serious magic goes down here. I design and get into all types of artsy projects, my roomate is a graphic designer, there’s a photographer upstairs, the roof is an awesome shooting space…and the basement is a labyrinth of amazing rooms.
Here is one of them.
And a few others I took today
And this is how I work (peruse Tumblr = procrastinate). Thank God for home offices!
Took an hour…or two out of my afternoon to head over to Fenway (the area not Park) to take some photos with Michael Swartz in celebration of my purple hair. Here they are…
I tend to risk my life when shooting. Walked by this and decided that I HAD to stand on it in 5.5 inch heels…above cement. Falling would have caused some major damage, I was a little scared in this shot… whatevs
I’m not entirely comfortable in front of a camera. Definitely used to being behind it… directing. Twas a new strange experience but definitely had a blast.
Well…we’ve passed the one week mark and I’m still into the lavender hair. It kind of just…fits.
I have this casting call to go to for Boston Casting next Saturday though and I will be wearing a nice brown wig. What can I say, sometimes you just have to look normal. And hey, the job is some all expense paid trip to Europe. Say no more! I’d cut it all off if they needed me to. I could always buy more…just sayin’
If you didn’t notice it got a little lighter…a little thicker…and a little longer in that second photo. Yep, you guessed it! Straight from China.
Umm, what am I wearing? An awesome top my mom picked up at a vintage shop, Forever 21 leotard and Isabella Louis shorts. This is pretty much my “sweat suit” this season. You know, that one outfit you throw on when you’re running out to the market. Tights, shorts, and a nice silky top to replace the jacket. Though, I might need to break the coat (in my case sweater) back out with this temperature drop.
I kid you not…I did not even own a coat this winter. Sure, I had a few left over from last year but none of them really “fit” me (my style) anymore. And for the life of me, I could not find the perfect winter coat… the coat that I was envisioning myself in. Yea, I probably should have made it…or had this awesome coat I did pick up tailored but I never did. WOMP.
How ever did I survive this wretched New England winter?!? You ask.
Between this one and another black and white favorite I got through the winter just fine. They’re a lot warmer than you would think. I always had an amazing pair of gloves and scarf… so, whatever coat. You didn’t find me this year…you were replaced.
Picked this snazzy baby up at a bar. Yeah, you read that right. I was at Tavern in the Square and some young man was wearing it. A friend of mine saw it in a store earlier and regretted not getting it so we befriended this nice young chap. I bet you’re thinking I stole the thing off the poor boy’s back but, NOPE. I spent a whole $4 on his beer and he gave it to me!
Yep, just like that.
Looked better on me anyway.
Poor thing, though. I started raining pretty bad afterwards and it was a bit nippy out.
So lately, I’ve been obsessing over hair dyes. I’ve been desperately wanting to dye my hair but couldn’t settle on a color. Then I happened to be watching Fashion Police one night with my mother and niece and fell in LOVE with Kelly Osborne’s hair.
I definitely didn’t go off and dye my hair…I went to a costume shop and picked up a wig. The color and length weren’t exactly what I was going for but I ordered a great one…from China that I cannot wait for. In the meantime, this will do…